Dairy-free chocolate fudge
This is easier with a sugar thermometer, I do recommend them as they are cheap and make the job a lot easier.
In a small bowl, combine the following ingredients until a paste/lump is formed, then set aside;
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 4 tsp Oat Dream
- 1 tsp vanilla/orange/mint extract (whatever you fancy)
Next add the following to a large pan;
- 450g white granulated sugar
- 75g dairy-free margarine (like PURE)
- 300ml Oat Dream
1. Prepare a small tin/tray with greaseproof paper ready to pour your fudge into.
2. Place the large pan over a medium low heat and gently stir until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Increase the heat and bring to the boil. Keep a close eye on the mixture and stir frequently but not constantly. Also watch the temperature you want it to reach 115c/240f on the thermometer.
4. Once this temperature is reached, remove from heat gently and add the chocolate paste (don’t splash yourself, remember boiled sugar can be very dangerous!)
5. Whisk the mixture for a few minutes until the chocolate lump has melted into the mixture and until it is thick, creamy and you can start to see signs that the fudge is setting around the edge of the pan.
6. Pour onto the prepared tin, a spatula is useful to get as much as possible out of the pan, and leave to set before cutting into squares.
Write a comment
Please log in to comment