Make your own dairy-free iced coffee drinks!
Now that the weather has started to get warmer I’ve been craving iced drinks rather than warm drinks. I’m a big coffee fan, but I’m not a lover of the cost of purchasing them from a coffee chain all the time, or having my only creamy dairy free option being soy milk.
Instead, I decided to start making my own! All you need is a blender and some delicious Rice Dream to make your own iced coffees and frappuccinos!
Dairy Free Mocha Frappuccino (serves 1 – 2)
- 250mls of Chocolate Rice Dream
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 1 heaped tsp of instant coffee
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp of xanthan gum (this is available in the ‘free from’ sections of supermarkets and is usually used for gluten free baking, however a small amount added to smoothies makes them lovely and thick and creamy!)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
You could also make a vanilla version of this using Vanilla Rice Dream instead of the Chocolate and leaving out the cocoa.
Diary Free Vanilla Iced Coffee (serves 1 – 2)
I make this using my French press but you could also use brewed instant coffee.
- 250mls of brewed coffee (sweetened if desired), allowed to cool
- 1 – 2 cups of crushed ice
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 100mls of Rice Dream or Vanilla Rice Dream
Add half the ice to a tall glass. Mix the vanilla extract into the coffee and then pour over the ice. Add more ice then the rice milk. Enjoy!
Let’s just hope we get more sun so we can all enjoy these more often!
Laura Agar Wilson
Why not check out my blog? www.keepinghealthygettingstylish.com
Write a comment
Please log in to comment